Table of contents:
- Expected date of the premiere of the episode 8 of the season "Game of Thrones" in Russia
- Episode release calendar
- TV series special effects
- Trailer of the series "Game of Thrones" season 8
- Teasers and photos of the series (season 8)
- Express review of the "Game of Thrones" series of the final season
- Season 8 actors
- Season 8 filming time
- Noteworthy facts and rumors about the show
Video: When is Game of Thrones season 8 final?
2023 Author: James Gerald | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 12:31
Fans of the legendary "Game of Thrones" series have been eagerly awaiting the continuation of the sensational story for several years, as if the events taking place in season 8 could affect their lives. Everyone is wondering when the exact release date will finally be announced.
Expected date of the premiere of the episode 8 of the season "Game of Thrones" in Russia
The final season of the entertaining saga was the most anticipated, at least because its adaptation was postponed several times - at first, fans dreamed of a premiere in early 2019, but not so long ago, Maisie Williams gave a public announcement about when the 8th season of "Game of Thrones" will be released.
The girl said that the new part will not become a Christmas present, and its release on television will only take place in the spring. The release date of the title series in Russia along with a new teaser was revealed on January 13 by HBO. "Crypts of Winterfell" transparently hinted at House Stark and assured that the new 8th season of "Game of Thrones" can be seen on television April 14, 2019.
Episode release calendar
The last season of "Game of Thrones" will be the 8th in a row and will logically continue the events that happened in the pre-final part. The final season will include six episodes, each with two hours of airtime.
Below is an accurate timeline for Game of Thrones Season 8 with release dates for all episodes:
|Episode 01 Season 8||11.04.2019|
|Episode 02 - Season 8||18.04.2019|
|Episode 03 Season 8||25.04.2019|
|Episode 04 Season 8||02.05.2019|
|Episode 05 Season 8||09.05.2019|
|Episode 06 Season 8||16.05.2019|
TV series special effects
According to the founders of the series, the audience is not in vain in such an exciting expectation. Benioff and Weiss promised that no other television project has ever seen such battle scenes as the ones to come. The quantity and quality of the prepared special effects will put the finale of the series on a similar level with the highest-grossing works in Hollywood.
I really want to believe such tirades, because $ 15 million was allocated for each episode of the final season.
Trailer of the series "Game of Thrones" season 8
Not so long ago, the release date of the final part of the series was announced, but after its announcement, as well as the schedule for the release of the episodes, the creators did not rush to please the viewers of "Game of Thrones" with the official trailer for the 8th season, which was also released in Russian.
In December, the first teaser for the final part was shown, which only spurred all viewers.
Teasers and photos of the series (season 8)
The question of when, finally, the final 8 season of the series "Game of Thrones" will be released is still in the air. The release date in Russia is scheduled for April 2019, so it's not surprising that in December HBO started releasing the first teaser of the final part, called "Dragonstone".
The first thing that can be seen in the 30-second video is a severe frost that descends directly to Westeros. This painting will become a symbol of the measured march of the white walkers moving south beyond the wall.
The House Stark wolf appears to be frozen like a House Targaryen dragon. Further from the south, a fiery flame begins to rise, swiftly enveloping the lion of House Lannister, while fire and ice unite in a deadly battle that will become truly epic.
The teaser has been officially released on the Game of Trones YouTube channel.
Express review of the "Game of Thrones" series of the final season
In addition to questions about the release of the 8th season of "Game of Thrones", fans, of course, are interested in the details of the plot: how the love relationship of the heroes will develop, who will die and who will survive.
Contrary to spoilers, gossip and ridiculous guesses, some facts about the storyline of the final part have already appeared on the network:
- Jon Snow finally learns that he is the heir to the Targaryen throne. This fact will not come as a surprise to the audience, because a huge mass of people who are next to John have been in the know for a long time. There has been an intrigue around the origin of the protagonist since the beginning of the story, which is why it is obvious that in the denouement everything will "come out." Moreover, this will happen in the first episode, and Snow will be very upset because of this news. The newly-made heir to the throne will feel uncomfortable because he is the main contender for the throne, although in reality he least of all wants to get the reins of power in his own hands. More confusion will be caused by the fact that he has become close to his own aunt. But Daenerys will not be at all embarrassed by the accomplished incest, because all her thoughts will swarm around the fact that she has found another competitor in the fight for the throne of Westeros.
- Arya and Jon Snow meet. The unusually tender and warm affection of the bastard for his younger sister will be better remembered by those who have read all the books, however, the film also perfectly plays up the relationship between John and Arya, the last meeting that took place in the distant first season. Naturally, they will meet, and Winterfell will serve as a fulcrum, because the girl has always been attracted by her native land. What the long-awaited meeting will be like is anyone's guess. On the one hand, the old feelings should give the meeting nostalgia, on the other, Arya grew up and became a professional and cruel assassin, which is unlikely to please her older brother.
- Death of Cersei Lannister. One of the main villains will not be able to survive the final episode of the series, and fans expect this event much more than the death of her son Joffrey. Cersei's demise is inevitable, and it probably won't even be violent. Firstly, she will remain the only negative hero, and secondly, in "Game of Thrones" everyone is always rewarded what they deserve, all the more it is worth taking into account the fact that even in deep childhood the heroine was predicted death at the hands of her younger brother. This is why she harbors such a fierce hatred for Tyrion, however, she overlooks the fact that Jaime was born a few minutes later than her.
- The battle between Bran and the King of the Night … This fight will be facilitated by one of Daenerys Stormborn dragons. So another prediction will happen that the young man will gain wings. There will be two possible outcomes here: Bran will fly astride the dragon, or he will enter his consciousness and begin to lead him in the battle with the King of the Night. Finally, Ice and Fire will clash - which will contain the key idea of the saga. Interestingly, the King of the Night will be confronted by none other than his younger brother - Bran, not John. Although in fact this is quite understandable, after all, a young man, having become a semi-mythical Three-Eyed Raven, will enter into confrontation with an equal in power.
- Pregnancy Daenerys. A child from his own aunt will not greatly inspire Jon Snow, but it will not embarrass Stormborn in the least. Moreover, everyone remembers that the girl once already lost a child from the Essos savage Drogo. Here again another prophecy will be fulfilled - the girl will become the mother of "a stallion who will cover the whole world." The heir or heiress to the throne is an excellent solution to reconcile the primary contenders to the throne. But a happy ending is not peculiar to George Martin.
The actors, together with the writers, have repeatedly given hints that Jon Snow and Daenerys will not stay together until the very end, moreover, no one excludes the death of one of the heroes or even both at once.
Season 8 actors
There is information that contracts were signed with the entire cast for both 7 and 8 seasons. This symbolizes at least the fact that if the character survived in the seventh season, then he certainly must take part in the eighth.
It is known that the final season will bring together a lot of actors in one frame (we are talking about heroes whose stories have not previously intersected). Of course, the audience will behold key characters on their screens:
- Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen);
- Keith Harington (Jon Snow);
- Nikolai Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister);
- Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister);
- Sophia Turner (Sansa Stark);
- Maisie Williams (Arya Stark);
- Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister);
- Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy);
- Gwendoline Christie (Brienne of Tart);
- Isaac Hampstead-Wright (Bran Stark).
Those characters who were not so often present in the seventh season will return to their roles. Contrary to the already completed contracts, the approved actors do not reveal all the secrets about the timing of their signing. This is why no one can guarantee that a beloved character will remain until the very end of the series.
Many may start watching Game of Thrones in connection with invited movie stars, of which there will be many: Richard Dorman, Mark Gatiss, Anton Leser and many others.
Interesting! The funniest comedies of 2018
Due to its growing popularity, it will be possible to see the young talent again on the screens - the actress Belua Ramsay, who played the role of Liana Mormont. She was able to charm the audience so much that the producers decided to develop the girl's storyline, despite the initial ideas.
The role of the young Robin Arena will be played by Lino Facil, in connection with his return, fans are thinking about the fact that he will be assigned a significant role in the final battle.
Season 8 filming time
Despite the fact that the approximate release date of season 8 of the series "Game of Thrones" was determined almost instantly after the premiere of the season 7 episode, the shooting of the fresh part began only in mid-autumn 2017. Of course, at that time the pre-final season was already completely over.
The ending of the incredible story will bring together a lot of popular actors, which is why the exact date of when season 8 will be has been unknown for so long. The simultaneous need to be in the frame of the key characters froze the shooting for some time, because the people in demand took part in other projects.
Despite this, everyone realizes how important the end of Game of Thrones is for fans, so all the actors try to adjust their work schedules to the filming schedule as much as possible.
Noteworthy facts and rumors about the show
The most intriguing details of the plot of the 8th season of the series "Game of Thrones" are still kept secret, because the release date of the most anticipated part is still far away. However, the famous directors David Nutter and Miguel Sapochnik promised fans what is probably the largest battle in the history of television.
Based on their words, one can understand that the duel with the white walkers can at times surpass the "Red Wedding" and "Battle of the Bastards".