Table of contents:
- When to sow cabbage seeds by region
- How to plant seeds correctly depending on the region
- When to plant cabbage for seedlings in 2022 according to the lunar calendar
- Favorable and unfavorable days according to the signs of the zodiac
Video: When to plant cabbage for seedlings in 2022 according to the lunar calendar
2023 Author: James Gerald | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 12:31
Cabbage is one of the most popular vegetables in Russia, so every self-respecting gardener plants it on his site. If you follow all the planting rules, you can get strong and large heads of cabbage even from a small ridge. Many summer residents are already interested in when to plant cabbage for seedlings in 2022 according to the lunar calendar and in the region, since not only the health of the seedlings, but also the harvest depends on this.
When to sow cabbage seeds by region
The territory of Russia is quite extensive, so the weather conditions in different parts of it differ significantly. Accordingly, gardening work is carried out somewhere a little earlier, somewhere later.
Planting cabbage seedlings by region:
- South. Early maturing - from 10 to 15 February, mid-maturing - from 20 to 25 March.
- Central Black Earth Region. Early maturing - from March 1 to 15, late - from March 25 to April 15, broccoli - from March 1 to May 25.
- Middle lane. Early maturing - from 15 to 25 March, mid-ripening - from 25 to 30 April, colored - from 15 to 25 March.
- Siberia and the Urals. Early ripening - from 5 to 10 March, mid-ripening - from 25 to 30 April, broccoli, colored - from 5 to 10 March.
- Far East. Early ripening - from 10 to 15 March, mid-ripening from 20 March to 20 April, broccoli - from 25 March to 20 April, colored - from 10 to 25 March.
The emergence of seedlings, depending on the variety of cabbage, occurs on the 2-6th day after sowing the seeds. The seedlings are planted in the ground 35-50 days after planting the seedlings.
Interesting! When to plant peppers for seedlings in 2022 in Siberia
How to plant seeds correctly depending on the region
Depending on the climate characteristic of the region of residence, seeds for seedlings are grown either at home or in greenhouses or greenhouses.
In areas with cold climates
Where the summer is short and the spring is cold for a long time, it is recommended to plant cabbage seeds for seedlings in boxes or cups at home.
Experts recommend planting seeds in a separate container. Simple disposable 100 ml cups can be used.
Algorithm for planting cabbage seeds:
- 3 days before planting, process the planting material in a weak solution of manganese. The exposure time is 20-25 minutes. This will help protect the future plant from root rot.
- Prepare the ground. You can make a mixture of ordinary soil and humus in a 1: 1 ratio, or buy ready-made soil at a flower shop.
- Soak the seeds. To do this, put a piece of cloth or gauze in a shallow container, pour a little water and spread the seeds. Cover with another layer of damp cloth. Leave for 2-3 days.
- Plant those seeds that have hatched to a depth of 1-1.5 cm.
- Drizzle with water at room temperature.
- Remove boxes or cups in a warm place before the first shoots appear.
Containers for future plants must have drainage holes. Their absence can lead to stagnation of water, as a result of which root rot develops.
Interesting! When to plant carrots before winter in 2022 according to the lunar calendar
In regions with warm climates
Where the weather conditions are milder, seedlings can be planted in a greenhouse or greenhouse. Before planting, the material must be hardened: the seeds are alternately placed in hot and cold water for 15 minutes. Then they are laid out in an ash solution, which will significantly improve germination. Then the seeds are allowed to swell, placed for a couple of days between two layers of damp cloth.
Planting in a greenhouse is carried out according to the following algorithm:
- Dig the ridge to a depth of at least 10 cm.
- Level the surface.
- Make grooves 3-5 cm deep and 10-15 cm apart.
- Add humus or ready-made nutrient soil to them.
- Spill the wells with Fitosporin solution.
- Sprinkle with ash.
- Place the seeds in the grooves at a distance of 2-3 cm from each other.
- Sprinkle with pre-prepared nutrient soil.
- Spray with water at room temperature or Fitosporin solution.
To speed up sprouting, you can cover the planting with a special covering material. Usually this method is used for those varieties of cabbage that are distinguished by long germination.
When to plant cabbage for seedlings in 2022 according to the lunar calendar
Experienced gardeners and gardeners must be guided by the lunar calendar in any work in the country, including planting.
When to plant cabbage for seedlings in 2022 according to the lunar calendar, the most favorable days, depending on the phase in which the night star is located, can be found in the table.
|4, 7, 24, 25, 28, 29||4, 5, 11, 18, 27, 30||6, 10, 14, 18, 19, 25, 27|
Also in 2022 there are days when planting work is better to be postponed:
- February - 1, 10, 12, 18;
- March - 2, 10, 15, 23;
- April - 1, 3, 21, 24.
It is important to remember that you should not plant cabbage seeds on seedlings during the full moon and new moon.
Favorable and unfavorable days according to the signs of the zodiac
Experts recommend that when planting work, pay attention not only to the recommendations of the lunar calendar, but also to what sign of the zodiac the Earth's satellite is in.
The best days ideal for planting seeds are when the moon is:
- in Pisces;
Libra and Capricorn belong to the good period. Aries and Leo are undesirable.
The periods when the Moon is in such constellations are not suitable for work with planting material:
The most unfavorable days for landing are the days when the Moon is in Aquarius.
Using the recommendations of experienced gardeners, tracking the movement and phases of the moon, as well as knowing the most favorable days for planting according to the lunar calendar, will help you get good and strong cabbage seedlings.