Table of contents:
- Important points of image formation
- Stylish spring wardrobe
- Summer wardrobe
- Winter ideas
- Mistakes when creating an image for a woman of 50
Video: How to dress a woman in 50 years old stylishly for every day
"Elegance is the only beauty that never fades," Audrey Hepburn once said. She has been a style icon for many ladies for several decades. Consider what is the secret of sophisticated elegance, how to dress a woman at 50 to look stylish and attractive.
Important points of image formation
Youth is a time of experimentation. Consciousness is dominated by the desire for everything new, so girls often create several diverse images, trying to find their own. Women of “Balzac's” age have already developed as personalities, determined their preferences, tastes, and therefore their wardrobe is often more monotonous, balanced, and verified. The absence of outrageous, catchy, trendy newfangled things does not mean that they look unstylish. On the contrary, many women have managed to form an elegant individual image, have learned to skillfully highlight the advantages, veil the flaws in their appearance.
To answer the question of how to dress stylishly for a woman in her 50s, it is necessary to concentrate on several aspects.
The main thing in a person is individuality. The concept of modern fashion is based on the desire to emphasize the uniqueness of the image of every woman. This explains the mixing, variety of styles, trends in fashion.
Eclecticism allows you to create a unique image, choose those things that will correspond to age, preferences, individual characteristics. The second dominant trend is clothing comfort. It also manifests itself in the fact that street fashion and casual style dominate.
What aspects need to be taken into account when forming your stylish image:
- Features of the figure. For example, if a woman has beautiful slender legs, you need to choose things that visually focus on this particular part of the body. Skinny trousers with a high waist, the length of the skirt just above the midi will unwittingly emphasize the slender legs of a woman. Correctly chosen style - 50% success.
- Color type. Stylists distinguish 4 types of color types for women. "Summer" - women with light, medium-brown hair color. "Contrast Summer" - dark blond hair. "Winter" - dark, black hair color, the coldness of "winter" should be diluted with warm shades of clothing. Redheads belong to the warm, "autumn" color type. Moderate, calm tones are suitable for them. "Spring" tsvetopep is rare - these are fair-haired women, natural blondes. Pastel colors, rich shades to suit such women.
- Concentrate on your usual lifestyle, work, and pick things that fit these conditions. You need to give preference to clothes that will be comfortable.
- Try to choose not chaotically, but think over what this or that thing will be combined with. It is necessary to form, as they say among fashion designers, wardrobe capsules.
- It is necessary to form a basic wardrobe with a basic set of things, which are complemented by fashionable novelties. It is better to choose things of the basic wardrobe that are more expensive, of higher quality, better made from natural materials, so that they are worn longer.
- Form several capsules: for every day, for rest, going out.
If it is difficult to decide on the color palette of the wardrobe, you can use special layouts that stylists develop for different color types of appearance, view photos in fashion magazines.
Stylish spring wardrobe
If a woman has reached adulthood, this does not mean at all that she should refuse to experiment with her appearance. It's just that the approach to the formation of the image should be more balanced. It is necessary to avoid certain details inherent in youth fashion: excessively bright prints, inserts, stickers. Military-style clothing will look somewhat inappropriate, unless it is intended for recreation and travel. Given the age characteristics, you should be careful with dresses, mini skirts.
What things can be included in a spring wardrobe:
Jackets. It is better to choose styles below the waist, fitted or rectangular cut. All kinds of "leather jackets", an abundance of decor in the form of sewn zippers, long fringes are excluded
Light raincoat. It is preferable to choose styles such as a trench coat, an English raincoat (without shoulder straps), zapashnye models for a belt. A scarf and a scarf are used as an additional accessory
Coat made of mixed, wool fabrics, not necessarily restrained colors. Now in a fashion a coat in a cage, white. Outerwear looks spectacular in delicate, pastel shades. It is advisable to have a classic black coat in the basic wardrobe
Several pairs of trousers, preferably a classic cut, high-waisted jeans, capri pants worn under boots, ankle boots
Skirts. The optimal length for a woman of 50 is midi. Depending on the height, the degree of harmony, the style is chosen. The figure will be emphasized by a pencil skirt, A-shaped silhouette. Lightweight pleated skirts with ruffles and flounces look light, spring-like
A jacket, a jacket is an irreplaceable part of a basic spring wardrobe. Slightly fitted, straight silhouettes are more suitable for women
Include a couple of light sweaters, jumpers in your wardrobe. Pastel shades of blue, reddish and even yellow will refresh, give the image a positive connotation
It is necessary to include blouses of various styles in the spring wardrobe. A floral print of a sweater or blouse in a mix with trousers, a skirt will revive the spring bow
Approximately the same selection is suitable for autumn. It can additionally include an elongated fitted down jacket, a knitted hat, several scarves, and a shawl.
For every day for walks, going out into nature, buy a sweatshirt, sports-cut trousers, jeans.
There are different opinions on how to dress a woman in 50 years, in order to look stylish in the summer, whether you need to avoid such details of clothing as shorts, leggings, shirt dresses. Stylists claim that certain elements of youth fashion for every day are quite appropriate in the wardrobe of a mature woman.
When choosing summer clothes, it is better to give preference to natural fabrics such as cotton, linen, natural chiffon, silk.
Several dresses with restrained floral prints will adorn the summer bow. Such fashionable details as ruffles, flounces, bows will make the image feminine.
Dresses of light pastel colors with a laconic fitted silhouette, which are worn with a jacket, jacket, are suitable for everyday wear.
Include sports, youth items in your leisure wardrobe. This also includes shorts, light sweatpants, leggings that are combined with a shirt dress. A practical, comfortable piece of clothing for a summer wardrobe is linen trousers with a slightly loose cut.
The composition will be complemented by several flirty summer women's hats, which are fashionable in the current season.
The main requirement for winter clothing is that it be warm and comfortable. How to dress a woman at 50 in winter, so that she is comfortable, she looks stylish, what outer things can be included in the wardrobe:
- quilted down jacket below the waistline, 3/4;
- a shortened fur coat made of natural, artificial fur;
- a status long fur coat of a straight, fitted cut;
- a coat of a simple cut made of woolen, blended fabric;
- sheepskin coat 3/4 length.
Suitable for winter:
- knitted sets, including fashionable trouser suits;
- knitted dresses, sweaters;
- sets, skirts, dresses made of fabrics such as jersey, drape, plaid.
To revive and complement the image, you need to have several knitted scarves and hats in your basic wardrobe for winter. Fashionable hats with wide brims and in the style of the 30s of the last century will make a woman's image more stylish. Scarves-shawls that are worn over coats and jackets look elegant.
Mistakes when creating an image for a woman of 50
Remember: what suits you is fashionable. You need to choose clothes taking into account your preferences. No need to blindly follow fashion trends, just add a few "fashionable things" to your wardrobe. As the famous clothing designer Marc Jacobs said: “Clothes don't mean anything until someone starts living in them”.
The most common mistakes when choosing clothes:
- Incorrectly selected colors. To avoid this mistake, use the advice of stylists, view photos, specially created color matching layouts.
- If the chosen style is popular enough, but does not fit the figure, it is better not to purchase such a thing.
- Nowadays there is a trend in the casual style, according to which clothes can look somewhat sloppy, slightly untidy. The image of a woman of mature age should always be strict, restrained, but elements of courage are allowed.
- Imbalance of silhouettes, styles, textures.
- Not quite the correct selection of accessories, shoes, decorative elements, jewelry.
A stylish woman is made by clothes that she likes, organically combined with her figure, appearance, and emphasizes her individuality.
How to dress stylishly for a woman at 50 is up to her, the main thing in this case is not fashion trends, but preferences. The main goal when creating an elegant image is to reveal the individuality, uniqueness of a person's character.