Table of contents:
- Benefits for healthcare professionals
- Payments to families of deceased due to coronavirus
- Payments from insurance companies
Video: What payments are due to relatives of a deceased from coronavirus
2023 Author: James Gerald | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 12:31
What payments are due to the relatives of the deceased from the coronavirus is determined by two documents. These are the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation No. 313 of 2020-06-05 and Federal Law No. 8 of 1996-12-01 (Article 10). Also, in some regions, the government has assigned additional benefits to the families of those who died from COVID-19.
Benefits for healthcare professionals
On May 6, V. V. Putin signed Decree No. 313, which clearly indicates the amounts that a medical worker affected by the coronavirus pandemic or his closest relatives can receive in case of death. However, in order to receive benefits, a number of conditions must be met:
- Death must occur precisely because of the infection with COVID-19. If the tragic event occurs due to other diseases, the family of the deceased will not receive money. This means that if a diagnosis other than COVID is indicated in the medical certificate, then the relatives are deprived of their rights to benefits.
- The infection should have occurred during work. If a health care provider becomes ill while caring for an infected relative, this case does not count. Accordingly, the family can only count on the standard burial allowance.
- The victim must be officially employed as a medical worker of any skill level - middle or junior medical personnel, a doctor or an ambulance driver.
Accordingly, in theory, it is not difficult to receive payments. If a tragic incident has occurred, it is supposed:
- 2 752 452 RUB - in the event of the death of a health worker;
- 68 811 p. - in case of temporary disability;
- 688,113 p. - upon receiving a disability of the III group, 1,376,226 rubles. - Group II and 2 064 339 p. - I group.
However, in practice, everything turns out to be much more complicated. The main problem is that after death or disability, an investigation team is created, which investigates the case from 4 days to several weeks. Moreover, in the event of death, relatives have to prove not only the fact of death from the coronavirus, but, what is even more difficult, to confirm that the infection occurred precisely at work.
Lawyers recommend that medical staff scrupulously collect documents in advance, confirming all contacts with patients infected with coronavirus.
It is necessary to document all the facts of violation of the norms of protection against coronavirus in the workplace, so that later the employee himself is not accused of negligence, which led to death. In this case, even if payments are denied, there remains a high chance to defend their rights in court.
Payments to families of deceased due to coronavirus
At the moment, there are no official federal payments for relatives of patients who have died due to infection with COVID-19. And there are no plans to introduce them in the future either. However, the government did not forbid local authorities to determine the need for additional support measures and to assign benefits from the reserve regional funds.
So, in the Saratov region for death from coronavirus, the relatives of a deceased local resident are paid 50,000 rubles. This measure was introduced until October 31, 2020 and subsequently extended until 2021.
But as with payments to healthcare workers and their families, it is not easy to get this benefit. It is necessary to prove that the death occurred precisely as a result of infection with the coronavirus. At the same time, other reasons are often indicated in the medical certificate obtained in the morgue, due to the fact that at the time of death, for example, tests confirming the fact of infection had not yet arrived.
Therefore, in order to receive money, relatives have to seek the exact wording in medical documents for several weeks and often go to court. Otherwise, upon death from coronavirus, according to Art. 10 ФЗ № 8 of 12.01.1996, you can only count on compensation for burial. Since February 2020, it is 6124.86 rubles.
Also, in a number of regions there is a multiplying coefficient or additional payments. You can get compensation through:
- FIU, if the deceased was a pensioner;
- military registration and enlistment office, if the deceased was a military man, policeman, firefighter;
- at the workplace, if the deceased was employed;
- through the Social Insurance Fund in case of death of children, unemployed, self-employed and individual entrepreneurs.
If the payment is made before the funeral, the representative receives the entire amount - 6,124, 86 rubles. If the application is submitted within 6 months after the funeral, then the actual costs of the checks are compensated, but not more than the above amount. Also, relatives have the right to receive the lost pension and funds in the accounts of the deceased through a notary.
Payments from insurance companies
This is another option for receiving funds in the event of death from COVID-19. However, a lot depends solely on the contract that the deceased signed with the company.
Lawyers recommend taking into account that the coronavirus, as such, does not lead to death. The fatal outcome is provoked by complications caused by infection. Accordingly, the insurance contract must clearly state how exactly death from the virus must be proven so that subsequently a medical certificate from a pathologist will be enough to receive money.
In most of the currently existing contracts, these conditions are spelled out very vaguely. Therefore, according to expert Tatyana Kuznetsova, the real chances of getting insurance for relatives are negligible. Therefore, it is better to pay more attention to the prevention of infection and try to avoid infection as much as possible, so in principle not to worry about what payments are due to the relatives of those who died from the coronavirus.
- The families of the deceased doctors can count on 2, 7 million rubles.
- Ordinary citizens are not provided with federal lethal benefits.
- The main difficulty in obtaining payments is proof of death from COVID-19.
- In case of refusal to pay, lawyers recommend collecting additional certificates from medical institutions and go to court.