Table of contents:
- What is important to know
- How to choose the right collagen and which one
- What to consider when choosing
Video: What is the best collagen for skin
A careful study of the structural features, the synthesis of processes occurring in the human body, made it possible to develop important means in cosmetology and medicine. Collagen for the skin used in the beauty industry is a good example. Let's figure out which collagen is best to take in order to preserve youthfulness and elasticity of the skin for a long time.
What is important to know
To understand what an irreplaceable role collagen plays for the skin, and which one is better to take in order to avoid rapid aging, one can only roughly imagine its important functions and knowing the main types.
Fibrillar protein is the most abundant protein in mammals. It led to the appearance of an external and internal skeleton during the Cambrian Explosion, but only in those species that use free oxygen. The human body, depending on age and physical condition, can contain from 25 to 45% of this common compound.
It is impossible to overestimate the role of the structural protein that is part of the human connective tissue. Its molecules are present in almost all segments, playing an important role in maintaining the proper state of the body.
Scientific research has shown that there are different types of fibrillar protein, and its structure affects growth and regeneration. More than 28 types have been found, in the encoding of which the genotype takes part.
Interesting! What your body lacks if you have dry skin
Fibrillogenesis - the formation of collagen fibers of filamentous intracellular fibrils. This process occurs naturally according to a natural program. Protein synthesis is energy-intensive, so as we age, it becomes more difficult for the body to produce it.
If you include it in your diet after 35 years of age, you can bring tremendous benefits to the body. No wonder doctors, nutritionists and cosmetologists make such recommendations permanently. The type and useful properties of the protein determine the recommendations: which drug to take for the skin and hair, which one - for prophylactic purposes or for treatment, rejuvenation of the body as a whole, optimization of metabolism.
How to choose the right collagen and which one
The main amino acids that make up collagen are glycine, arginine and hydroxyproline. All existing 28 types are combinations with the addition of other structural components and a modified sequence of the three main ones. Some sources indicate the importance of collagen types 1, 2, 3 and 5 for preventing aging of the body.
There are also those who are limited only to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd types:
- The first is important for maintaining elasticity, water-salt balance and full assimilation of nutrient components. This collagen is good for bones and connective tissues.
- The second is taken in the treatment of inflammatory processes of the musculoskeletal system. Like any medicine, collagen requires a specific dosage, as too much collagen, especially when taken orally, can cause unwanted effects. It is also used in products for external use for joint diseases - from arthritis to rheumatism.
- The third is known as the "young" component. He is able to fully answer the question of which collagen is best for women after 40 for the skin. Its natural function is to maintain the proper condition of the skin of the body.
- The fifth type of fibrillar protein is responsible for hair formation and is part of the skin components.
Collagen in cosmetics, dietary supplements, and medicines can be of different origins. It is obtained from the bones and scales of marine life, it can be of plant and animal origin.
Collagen of animal origin is considered the most affordable in terms of cost. It can be easily purchased at a pharmacy, even with limited financial resources.
Marine collagen has undeniable advantages - in structure and composition, it is close to that of a human. But sometimes it is this circumstance that causes allergic reactions.
The herbal version is not common, sometimes animal collagen is given out for it, especially when it comes to questionable dietary supplements.
What to consider when choosing
Recommendations about which collagen is best for women over 40 years old for the skin are different, they are often given to promote expensive products from a certain manufacturer. For attractiveness, common vitamins (C, A), hyaluronic acid can be added to them. However, it is better to choose a product for oral administration on the recommendation of a doctor or cosmetologist.
The assortment of pharmacies has a variety of products, for example, a universal powder that is diluted with water or juice and drunk on an empty stomach, but sugar is added to it, which is a significant disadvantage.
Interesting! The best professional hair straighteners
Pure protein in tablets or capsules, the packaging of which says "for hair and skin" is the best option. But it is important to understand that an effective fight against aging is a complex measure that includes:
- rejection of bad habits and physical activity;
- proper nutrition;
- complexes of vitamins and minerals, selected by a doctor on the basis of examination and analysis;
- treatment of chronic diseases (the skin reacts to any symptom);
- nourishing masks for hair and skin containing collagen, hyaluronic acid, substances that stimulate the synthesis of their own protein compounds.
Advertisements from renowned manufacturers position marine collagen for skin optimization as the most effective. It is really absorbed better, is more similar in structure to humans and stimulates the production of similar compounds in the body. However, the complexity of production leads to the high cost of such products, and the likelihood of developing an allergic reaction leads to the need to be careful at the start of the intake.
With age, the body loses its natural ability for energy-consuming collagen synthesis. There is a need to obtain protein from the outside:
- There are products of plant, animal and marine origin.
- Each of the types may have their own advantages and disadvantages.
- For skin rejuvenation, you need to use a comprehensive method.
- Taking dietary supplements and vitamins is best done under medical supervision.