Table of contents:
- Classic lemonade
- Orange lemonade
- Strawberry lemonade
- Pear lemonade
- Brazilian lemonade with condensed milk
- Cucumber lemonade
- Homemade Strawberry Lemonade with Mint
- Blackcurrant and mint lemonade
- Basil homemade lemonade
Video: How to make lemonade at home
2023 Author: James Gerald | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 12:31
Lemonade is a delicious and refreshing summer drink. This is not soda, as many believe. This drink perfectly quenches thirst, helps to avoid dehydration, removes toxins, and also tones up a little. If you want to know the taste of real lemonade, prepare it according to our recipes.
The composition of the drink, based on the calculation per liter of water:
• 5 lemons;
• 5 tablespoons of sugar;
• 2-3 mint leaves.
If desired, sugar can be replaced with honey. And for those who like unsweetened taste, you can put 3-4 tablespoons of sugar or honey instead of 5 tablespoons.
It should be remembered that not all lemons are suitable for a drink. It is better to choose thick citrus fruits. It is from them that more zest, juice will be obtained, and the bitterness will be much less than that of lemons with a thin skin.
- Wash the lemons thoroughly and grate the zest on the finest grater. It is necessary to grind the zest without touching the white layer of the lemon. It is important! Then grind the zest with sugar. Better to do this with a wooden spoon. I didn't have it, I was grinding it with a porcelain pestle in a mortar. At this stage, you can add mint leaves and grind the sugar and zest with them. After that, this gruel should be left for several hours to mix the flavors.
- Then squeeze the juice from these 5 lemons and add to the grated zest too. Leave to brew for several hours. Then add drinking (filtered) water, mix it all well and strain through cheesecloth into a glass jug. Refrigerate. The drink is ready to drink. Drink chilled, in hot weather you can serve with ice cubes!
Interesting! Apricot compote for the winter
- 3 oranges;
- 1 lemon;
- 100 g sugar;
- 1½ liters of water.
- Squeeze the juice from the citrus fruits and cut the zest from the rind. Pour sugar into a saucepan and cover with water. While stirring, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Cool the syrup and strain through a sieve. Pour in orange and lemon juice, stir and refrigerate the finished lemonade.
- 420 g of liquid honey;
- 1,700 ml of water;
- 450 g strawberries;
- 350 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice;
- a handful of ice cubes.
- Pour 500 ml of water into the honey and whisk until smooth. Whisk the strawberries and honey mixture with a blender.
- Add lemon juice and remaining water and stir. Pour the drink into glasses with ice.
- 1 kg of pears;
- 100 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice;
- 2½ liters of ordinary water;
- a few sprigs of mint;
- honey - to taste;
- 1½ liters of sparkling water.
- Peel the pears, cut them in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Pour half the lemon juice over the fruit and place in a saucepan. Add water and mint and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer pears, covered, for about 40 minutes.
- Discard the mint and transfer the fruit to a plate. Cool the broth slightly and mix with honey. The liquid should be pretty sweet. Refrigerate the broth and pears.
- Puree the fruit with a blender. Combine them with pear tea, soda water, and leftover lemon juice.
Brazilian lemonade with condensed milk
- 4 limes;
- 200 g sugar;
- 1 400 ml of water;
- 6 tablespoons of condensed milk;
- a handful of ice cubes.
- Cut the ends off the limes and divide each fruit into eight pieces. Blend the citrus fruits, sugar and water until smooth.
- Strain the resulting mass through a sieve. Whisk the liquid together with the condensed milk. Then add ice and mix with a blender again.
You will need:
- 300 g cucumbers
- 0.5 cups sugar
- a pinch of salt,
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 3 glasses of water.
Chop the cucumbers with the peel and beat them in a blender with sugar and salt. Grind this puree through a sieve and mix with lemon juice and water.
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade with Mint
- Water - 1, 2 Liters
- Lemon - 1 Piece
- Sugar - 60 Grams
- Strawberry - 300 Grams
- Mint - 30 Grams
How to cook:
- Prepare the food, let's get started!
- Wash the strawberries, cut off the tails.
- Chop part of the strawberries with a blender, about 80-100 g.
Place in a saucepan all the strawberries, a bunch of mint (tied with a string), and a half of a lemon cut into slices
- Pour a glass (200 ml) of boiling water, cover and leave for 20 minutes.
- Remove the mint bunch.
- Add sugar and juice from half a lemon. Stir.
- Add a liter of ice water, the lemonade is ready!
Interesting! Homemade blender milk smoothie recipes
Blackcurrant and mint lemonade
Products (for 10 servings):
- Fresh or frozen currants - 1.5 cups
- Lemon - 1 pc.
- Fresh mint - 5 sprigs
- Sugar - 1 glass (to taste)
- Water - 2.5 l
- Prepare the ingredients for making homemade currant lemonade.
- How to make blackcurrant lemonade with mint:
- Sort out the currant berries, rinse, remove the stalks.
- Beat the currants in a blender.
- Place the currants in a saucepan. Add fresh mint leaves there.
- Add sugar to taste. If you do not like too sweet drinks, then reduce the amount of sugar by about half.
- Add squeezed lemon juice.
- Pour in water, put on fire and cook for 5-7 minutes from the moment of boiling.
- Blackcurrant lemonade with mint is ready! Let it brew a little. Cool down. Then strain the drink through a sieve or cheesecloth and refrigerate for about an hour.
Serve homemade currant lemonade with mint, lemon wedge and ice cubes
Basil homemade lemonade
You will need:
- 1 bunch of basil
- 2 lemons
- 1 lime
- 200 g brown sugar
- 240 ml of water
- 1.5 liters of carbonated mineral water.
- Dissolve sugar in warm water, but do not bring to a boil.
- Whisk the basil leaves with lemon juice and a little zest in a blender, and strain it all into the syrup.
- Add lime circles there and fill with mineral water.