Table of contents:
- Glaze with gelatin - a simple recipe
- Glaze with gelatin and icing sugar
- Icing for Easter cakes with gelatin leaf
- "Bird's milk" glaze with gelatin
- Orange glaze with gelatin
- Chocolate glaze with gelatin
Video: Easter cake frosting with gelatin
2023 Author: James Gerald | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 12:31
Glaze with gelatin is a good option for decorating Easter cake and other baked goods. At the same time, the glaze turns out to be tasty, it fits perfectly, does not crumble or break. Consider a few recipes with step by step photos.
Glaze with gelatin - a simple recipe
Making gelatinous glaze requires the most affordable ingredients. Preparing fondant is simple, but you must definitely add lemon juice or acid - this will give the glaze strength, uniformity, as well as a pleasant taste and smell.
- 125 g sugar;
- 5 g gelatin;
- 50 ml of water + 25 ml for gelatin;
- a pinch of citric acid;
- flavors and colorants as desired.
To begin with, pour gelatin powder with water and leave it for a while to swell. For icing, sheet gelatin is also suitable, only it needs to be soaked in plenty of cold water
- Pour sugar into a saucepan, pour in water, which can be replaced with any concentrated juice, even beet juice. We also add citric acid, stir and put on fire.
- The syrup should boil, and all the sugar crystals should dissolve. When this happens, remove the stewpan from the heat, stop the boil and stir the swollen gelatin right in the hot syrup.
Now cool the syrup to room temperature and beat with a mixer until the desired consistency. The longer you beat it, the thicker it becomes
During the whipping process, you can add any flavor and color if desired. Apply the finished glaze only to completely cooled cakes
If the glaze was whipped for a long time, and it turned out to be too thick, then put it on a small fire, with active stirring, heat it for 5-10 seconds.
Glaze with gelatin and icing sugar
Some housewives prefer to prepare icing with gelatin and powdered sugar, in their opinion, it turns out to be more delicate. The recipe with step-by-step photos of making such a fondant for Easter cake is simple and does not require much skill.
- 100 g icing sugar;
- 25 ml of water;
- 3-4 g gelatin + 1 tbsp. l. water;
- 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Pour gelatin into a glass, stir in water, leave for 10-15 minutes. During this time, it should swell.
- Cooking syrup. To do this, in a saucepan, combine powdered sugar with water and lemon juice. We put on a small fire.
- As soon as the syrup boils, immediately remove it from the stove and send the swollen gelatin to it, stir until smooth.
- Pour the syrup into a bowl and beat until fluffy. If you need the glaze to lay down with drips, then beat for 3 minutes, and if you need a thicker one, then another 2 minutes longer.
- The glaze sets quickly, so we immediately move on to decorating the cakes, the main thing is that by this time they have completely cooled down.
You can add any dye to the glaze, but not more than indicated in the instructions, otherwise the fondant will turn out to be too sticky.
Icing for Easter cakes with gelatin leaf
A delicious and beautiful icing for decorating cakes can be prepared with sheet gelatin. By the way, many housewives and even professional confectioners like gelatin in plates more, since it does not affect the color, smell and taste of the finished product.
- 2 plates of gelatin;
- 150 g icing sugar;
- 4 tbsp. l. cold water;
- 10 g vanilla sugar;
- 1 tsp lemon juice.
Dip the gelatin plates into a bowl of cold water and leave for 15 minutes, during which time they should become soft
Pour icing sugar into a ladle, then pour in water, add vanilla sugar for taste and aroma, which can be replaced with vanilla or extract
- Mix the contents of the ladle into a homogeneous mixture and put on fire, heat to a very hot state, but do not boil. It is important.
- Immediately put the gelatin plates, which we squeeze out of excess liquid, stir until they are completely dissolved and remove from heat.
- Then add lemon juice and beat with a mixer at high speed for 3-4 minutes until a thick cream.
We do not wait for the icing to cool down, but immediately apply it to Easter cakes
It is better to beat the glaze at first at low speed, and then you can increase the speed, otherwise the product may bubble, and then it will crumble.
"Bird's milk" glaze with gelatin
Bird's milk cake is loved for its delicate and tasty soufflé. It is with this taste that you can prepare icing for Easter cakes. The proposed recipe with a photo is not complicated, the glaze can be made with both gelatin and agar-agar.
Interesting! 8 best Easter cake recipes
- 125 g sugar;
- 4-5 g of gelatin;
- 1 egg white;
- 20 ml of water for gelatin;
- 70 ml of water for syrup;
- a pinch of salt;
- a pinch of vanillin.
- The first step is to prepare the gelatin. To do this, simply fill it with water, stir well and give time to swell.
- Now let's move on to the syrup, which we boil from sugar, water and vanillin. We simply bring the composition to a boil and let it boil for a couple of minutes.
- At this time, pour the egg white into a bowl, add salt for better whipping and begin to beat until dense peaks.
We return to the syrup. If large bubbles appear on its surface, add the swollen gelatin, stir well and cook the syrup for just a minute
Now pour the syrup into the whipped protein in a thin stream and beat the icing until the desired consistency, from up to 3 to 5 minutes
The glaze must be used immediately after it has been prepared, otherwise it will harden quickly. And if it turned out that not everything is ready for decoration, then you can add lemon juice to the glaze or just put it on a saucepan with very hot water.
Orange glaze with gelatin
The icing for Easter cakes can be prepared in plain water or with the addition of any berry or fruit juice. This will give the fudge a more interesting flavor and color. We suggest taking note of the recipe with step-by-step photos of making orange glaze with gelatin.
- 2 egg whites;
- 1 tsp gelatin;
- 180 g sugar;
- 25 ml orange juice;
- 2 tbsp. l. juice for gelatin.
- Pour the gelatin granules into a bowl, pour orange juice into them, stir and set aside for now.
- Beat the egg whites for 5 minutes - they should become firm and not fall off the whisk.
- In the next step, we cook the syrup. Pour granulated sugar into a saucepan, pour freshly squeezed juice into it and cook for 2 minutes. It is very simple to check the readiness of the syrup: we drip a little syrup on a saucer, pick it up with our fingers and, if the thread stretches, then it is ready.
- We send the already swollen gelatin to the hot syrup and actively mix everything.
We return to the whipped proteins, turn on the mixer and pour in the syrup in a thin stream. Beat the frosting for 3 minutes, but if you need it to get thicker, then 5 minutes
You can add food coloring to the glaze, but if possible, we use natural ones. These are juices: beetroot, carrot, cranberry, blueberry, blackberry, spinach or red cabbage.
Chocolate glaze with gelatin
You can add more interesting taste and color to the glaze using any dyes and flavorings. You can simply add cocoa - the result is a beautiful and tasty fondant that can be used to decorate not only cakes, but also any other baked goods.
- 50 ml of water;
- 60 ml of water for gelatin;
- 50 cocoa;
- 10 g gelatin;
- 120 ml of cream (fat content from 30%).
- First of all, let's cook the syrup, prepare the gelatin. For syrup, put a saucepan with sugar and water on fire. The granulated sugar should completely dissolve and the syrup should boil. Simply fill gelatin with water, stir and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- At this time, sift the cocoa so that the icing does not come out with lumps.
- Pour cocoa into the boiled syrup, stir well, boil for 1-2 minutes over the lowest heat.
- Pour cream into the chocolate syrup (preferably with a high percentage of fat), stir everything again thoroughly and remove from heat.
- Let the syrup stand for literally 2 minutes, then add the swollen gelatin and stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Filter the finished glaze through a fine sieve, cover with foil and put in a cool place for at least 5 hours.
- The working temperature of the glaze is 30 ° C, and if it is used for drips, then 25 ° C. Before use, heat slightly above operating temperature and beat with a blender.
For the glaze, we use high-quality and natural cocoa powder, a cheap product will only spoil its taste and texture.
It is not difficult to get a worthy decoration for Easter cakes, the main thing is the desire to decorate the festive table with beautiful Easter pastries. But you need to know that a properly prepared glaze should stretch and resemble condensed milk in consistency. If it turns out to be too liquid, it will dry slowly, but too thick glaze is poorly applied and will crumble when the cakes are cut.